At least 18 years of age at the time of appointment to a firefighter position.
Certification & Education Requirements
Must be a high school graduate and possess a valid high school diploma, or alternatively a GED certificate. A valid motor vehicle license is required.
Applicants must be a citizen of the United States. Though not a requirement at the time of application, upon successful employment with the LCBF, all recruits must be able to offer proof of residency within a 13-mile radius of the center of Lancaster City. This is contractual requirement with the IAFF Local 319 and would go into effect the day that the recruit firefighter is sworn in.
Skills & Behaviors
We are interested in candidates that embody our core values of quality, teamwork, integrity, and respect. We strive for excellence in everything that we do and our ideal candidates will possess the following skills and behaviors:
- Be healthy and physically fit and are committed to maintaining and improving a healthy and fit lifestyle.
- Exhibit good communication skills through listening to others and being clear and confident in your communication; candidates must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Display a commitment to serving the community.
- Demonstrate and maintain a desire to grow and improve their skill set through education and training.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations and demands of the fire service.